"I Was Wrong, I'm Sorry & I Love You"

Can I just say... I'm really excited about Derek Webb's new album!

His album, "I Was Wrong, I'm Sorry, & I Love You" comes out pretty soon and there's a pre-order offer up on his website right now.

 

I've always been inspired by Derek Webb's music, even since Caedmon's Call. In fact, it seems that it has followed me wherever I go. I remember the first time I heard the album, "40 Acres" by Caedmon's Call--back when I was a good evangelical Youth Group kid. I specifically remember telling my friends, "this is real worship music"... I guess that was the best vocabulary I had for it, but I immediately connected with what I later discovered to be Webb's song-writing. It seemed honest, real, and even vulnerable at times... and that's why I called it "real worship music."

Later, around the time or not long before I started reading guys like Shane Claiborne and John Howard Yoder, I heard Webb's "Mockingbird" and to this day it's one of my favorite albums of all time. When my theology developed, it seemed that Webb's music developed too.

"I Was Wrong, I'm Sorry & I Love You" looks like it may be one of Derek's more vulnerable and transparent albums (this transparency has been a strength of his all along, but this one seems emphatically so). Maybe it will help me, in a season in which it is so necessary, to be open and transparent with myself. Check out the album's music videos and pre-order the new album at http://www.derekwebb.com/WSL/ 

Comments