One more step...




So today is another milestone on my path to and through my seminary education at Princeton. I got to register for classes and there are a couple of highlights worthy of mention. First of all, I'm taking some of the expected first year courses including an Old Testament Studies course and a Systematic Theology course, but the class for which I am most excited is called Theological Foundations of Youth Ministry with Kenda Creasy Dean, author of Almost Christian. I had the pleasure of meeting Kenda and hearing her speak at the Youth Specialties' National Youth Workers Convention in San Diego last year and, though I was already hopeful that I'd get into Princeton, her perspective and eloquence solidified my desire to go. She is among the greatest minds in Youth Ministry if not practical theology in general. I wasn't expecting to be able to take a class with her as early as my first semester, but nevertheless, looks like I will.

Also, though Princeton is officially a PCUSA seminary, it looks like they're offering a UCC Polity course... guess I didn't research enough to expect seeing that on the course list. That will be good for me in my first semester, a reminder that I am in fact a UCC guy (a fact I am prone to forget) and a good opportunity to learn more about this denomination of which I am a part.

So that's one more step...

Comments