My Confessions

Following in the pattern of Megan at Sortacrunchy and my wife at Simple and Free, I thought I'd make a list of my own confessions.

1. I habitually downplay the influence that Rob Bell has had on me over the years... And people still think I'm obsessed. The truth is, though he is not a "scholar," I trust Rob Bell's opinion over pretty much anyone else's and on pretty much an topic.

2. I say that I'm not really an "emergent church" guy... But I couldn't really tell you why I'm not... in reality, I probably am. But you try keeping the respect of your evangelical colleagues while toting the "emergent" label!

3. The only other foreign country I've been to, other than Mexico, is Israel... I tell people England sometimes, but I never left the airport. Since Israel's the only place I've got, I like to talk about it any time the subject of foreign travel comes up.

4. (once again,mfollowing the pattern of Megan and Amanda) I LOVE LOST! And I too get offended when people bad-mouth it. Thank you J.J. Abrams!

5. I think of chilli as a beverage, someting you sip from a spoon along side some other entre... Like a hotdog. If people serve it as a meal, I always wonder where the entre is.

6. I read the Communist Manifesto.

7. I enjoyed reading the Communist Manifesto.

8. I need reassurance just to function. My general assumption is that whatever I am saying or doing at any given moment is inadequate unless someone says something positive about it... (you should compliment me on this post).

9. I think Batman should stop wasting his money on gadgets to fight bad guys. Instead, he should invest in some kind of community program to offer a positive alternative for his enemies. You never know, maybe even the Joker would eventually realize that it's just better to love people.

10. If I'm alone and the movie Titanic is on... I'll watch it.

Comments

Amanda Ellis said…
Only my husband would make batman about social justice and non violence. :)
"9. I think Batman should stop wasting his money on gadgets to fight bad guys. Instead, he should invest in some kind of community program to offer a positive alternative for his enemies. You never know, maybe even the Joker would eventually realize that it's just better to love people."

I LOVE THIS!! So, so much.

So glad Amanda and I are not alone in our Lost-wistful-ness. :)

Also, I like to consider myself a post-conservative evangelical. It's quite a mouthful and people are a little less apt to argue with me when I say that as opposed to "emergent." hee.

Such a great list. Thanks for playing along with us!
wellis68 said…
Megan,
"post-conservative evangelical"... I like it! :-)