Camp etc.

So, as earlier reported, I am at Forest Home Jr. High Camp with my Jr. High guys and the experience thus far has met all expectations. The staff here is amazing as usual and ky students continue to amaze me over and over again with the depth of their questions and with the level at which they are engaging in the discussions here at camp. It's experiences like these that remind me why I'm doing what I'm doing and why I am passionate about ministry. I love seeing people fall.in love with Jesus and I love watching lives being changed by this perpetually new and refreshingly liberating gospel of Jesus. When everything else is set aside, that's what it's all about. Meanwhile, I am preparing (though I am clueless as to how) for a meeting I have on Thursday. It's a meeting with some folks from the denomination (UCC) to discuss my application for the "Member in Discernment" process--the process of ordination. I've been thinking a lot about why I want to be in ministry and what my vision of ministry really is. This experience at camp, as I witness and truly get to be a part of God's work in the lives of my students, has served as a healthy reminder to me of what's really important--seeking first the Kingdom of God.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.1

Comments