Best One For The Part

My friend Johanna posted this video a couple of months ago and I just think it's worth sharing.



I love the rawness of Johanna's voice and lyrics and the rare honesty of her music. And perhaps the best part is that she's just doing it right! She's got a new album called "Translator" coming out in August and I'm super excited about it.

Here are some lyrics from the song in the video:

"Hi, I'm here to challenge the authorities
they're not all bad, but they've misplaced the majority
set-up the screen and press to blur the words
and locked up the truth
well, it's unexplainable
don't need any words to justify yourself
I'm through convincing the world I'm right
why must we all put on a show
I DON'T NEED ANYTHING TO KNOW I'M ALRIGHT
MY CARS DEAD I'M MILES FROM HOME AND I FEEL HIGH
YOU SEE IT'S NOT SO HARD TO TAKE IT ALL APART

PUT YOUR HAZARDS ON AND JUST SIT IN THE DARK
FEEL THE WHOLE EARTH TURN AND WITH YOUR HAND OVER YOUR HEART
SAY TO YOURSELF, "I'M THE BEST ONE FOR THE PART".


I've got friends in all the right places
they're in jails and bars with tattoos and no savings
we're not all the same, but we don't have to be to
know how to pass the peace..."

Comments