1.I'd always have the moral high-ground and even if I don't I can just throw Bible verses at people just to create the illusion of moral high-ground.
2.I'd always be "certain" of my opinion and if I'm not, then I can just pretend I am so as never to become vulnerable to my "adversaries."
3. I would never have to question anything about war or violence because my god would be the king of violence and mayhem.
4. If you disagree with me, it's ok... God "prophesied" about false prophets like you so I don't even have to address your arguments or consider your points.
5. I wouldn't really have to worry about other people, environmentalism, or world hunger because "it's all gonna burn anyway."
6. I could just "read the Bible for what it says" and disregard context, people, and real life.
7. Abortion and Gay Marriage are two things I can be pissed off about from the comfort of my own home.
8. I'd know exactly what's going to happen in the future because the book of Revelation is a precisely mapped-out time-line of end times events which can easily be charted and graphed.
9. I'd never think Christians are obnoxious because I'd be the king of obnoxious... You're all going to hell!
10. I would never again be labeld as "liberal" and thus get shunned by my Christian friends.
But the truth is, I didn't really choose to think the way I do. I can't exactly just change my mind about things just because it's easier. I don't choose what makes sense to me, it just does or it doesn't. So as Martin Luther once said, "Here I stand. I cannot do otherwise. God help me, Amen!"
"Unless I am convicted by scripture and plain reason - I do not accept the authority of the popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other - my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant anything for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. God help me. Amen." _Martin Luther