Making Lists

Last night, while I was driving to class down in San Diego, I started thinking about all of my influences. I decided to make a list of all my influences. These lists do not include family or very close friends who, if I were being fair, would have the most profound influence on me. These people and things have influenced my thinking or my perspective on life in profound ways either through the words of their lips, the words they wrote, or the way they lived their life. Some of the names and things on the list still influence me today and some had a quick transformational influence on me in the past. If you want to know why I think the way I do, these are some of the reasons. This list is not to be taken too seriously or to be read into too much... it's just for fun.

PEOPLE:
N.T. Wright
Rob Bell
Dallas Willard
Shane Claiborne
Desmond Tutu
Marva Dawn
Brian McLaren
Tony Campolo
Mike Devries
Robin Dugall
Craig Keen
Dennis Okholm
Alex Dreese
Robert Mullins
Angie Horn-Andreu

BOOKS:
The Challenge of Jesus by N.T Wright
Confessions of Saint Augustine
Keeping the Sabbath Wholly
by Marva Dawn
The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard
Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne
Option for the Poor in Christian Theology by Daniel Groody
the Eucharist by Andrea Bieler and Luise Schottroff
God has a Dream by Desmond Tutu
Pia Desideria by Philip Jacob Spener
On Earth as in Heaven by Dorothee Soelle
Who's Afraid of Postmodernism By James K. A. Smith
The Violence of Love by Oscar Romero
Adventures in Missing the Point by McLaren & Campolo
Evil and the Justice of God by N.T. Wright
The Rapture Exposed by Barbara R. Rossing

MUSIC:
Derek Webb's album, Mockingbird
Adventures of the O.C. Supertones
U2
Rage Against the Machine

MOVIES:
V for Vendetta
The Girl in the Cafe

Pan's Labyrinth
Once
Lady in the Water

Comments